Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Blackberry Oat Pancakes

Our new breakfast favorite.  I've been playing around with making a really healthy pancake that's also super delicious, and I think I've finally done it.  That it's also simple is a bonus!

I start with a basic from the box mix.  I know, it's cheating, but I'm okay with that in this case because I need all the help I can get in the mornings!  My latest choice is a Hungry Man where you add an egg to the batter.  Since extra protein is always nice!  So, if you make the smallest recipe, add 1/2 cup of oats, 1/4 cup of wheat germ and a bunch of fresh blackberries.  If you're making a bigger batch, increase accordingly.  I've been buying my blackberries at Costco and they are fantastic!!!  Blueberries also work really well.  And sometimes we combine them.  :)

Stir it all together and mash up the berries until they are in smaller pieces.  Then cook 'em up!  I love mine with a little crunchy peanut butter.  My kiddos love a little Nutella, sugar-free syrup or light whipped cream and some more fresh berries on top.  K, my mouth is kinda watering right now.....

No comments: