Saturday, January 26, 2013

Believing.....


So, I sold a lot of my Believe blocks for Christmas.  Way more than I ever expected, but it's been interesting to me now that Christmas is over...... orders for these keep coming in!  Seems to me people just really like the idea of believing.  Be it in the magic of Christmas.  Our abilities to accomplish things.  Hope for our future, etc.  But the most poignant request of all came to me from a friend that lost her sister.  She wanted a set for her mom and each of her siblings to remind them to "Believe" they will see her again.  Of course, I love and greatly respect that kind of faith.

Another friend heard about these and requested a set be made with Star Wars paper to honor her son that choose to end his life much too soon......

Tough stuff, for sure.  Made my heart ache just thinking about it.  Seems no one is immune to hardships.  We all seem to be facing things beyond our expectations and our perceived abilities to handle such difficulties.  But I sooo love that element of faith!!! And love how something I thought was just a cute, little Christmas decoration is transformed into something much more.....

No comments: