Friday, November 15, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Cake

So, I always get to this time of year and crave pumpkin.  Especially pumpkin pie cake!  Seriously, this dessert is evil!!!  But oh sooo worth it every once in a while.....

1 29 oz. can pumpkin        
1 cup sugar                        
1 tsp. cinnamon                
1/2 tsp. salt                        
1/2 tsp. nutmeg                  
1/2 tsp. ginger
3 eggs
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup melted butter

Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and spices.  Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.  Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top, breaking up any clumps.  Top with nuts.  Drizzle with butter.  Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.  Cool.  Refrigerate.  Seriously, this tastes divine when it's really cold!  Serve with whipped cream.

YUM!!!

Funny little story.....  I made this for some friends recently and forgot to add the sugar.  Trying to do too many things at once = not so yummy.  Had no idea until two days later when I woke up thinking I had left out that crucial ingredient.  Of course, they were very polite when I asked if it had tasted funny.  I'm sure it was gaggy!!! Sooo embarrassing and totally worth making another one just to redeem myself!  Don't leave anything out!  And Enjoy.....

No comments: